I am on an intermittent fasting type schedule:
- My basic premise is I gain muscle in the gym and I lose fat through my diet. Not the other way around.
- I eat my first meal post workout at around 4 pm and another
meal between 9-10 pm.
- I don't think it's essential to make sure you have a meal post workout,
it just usually works out that way.
- If I don't workout at all, I will do a 24 hr fast.
- I am never starving, only mildly hungry at times. I don't have any cravings.
- If I am trying to lose weight, I will create a calorie deficit, not do more cardio.
- As a personal choice, I do not eat dairy because I don't digest it well
- I do not consume protein supplements anymore. Prefer to eat real food.
- I generally go low carb when I am on my spring/summer cut
- I have tried everything from eating 6-8 meals a day to Paleo to keto plans. The above works for me the best. Try it yourself because n=1 is always the best method.
- I don't want to debate any keyboard jockeys. I have researched and tried everything and most will work for a time. If you have a question, I will be happy to answer it though.