01-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Can you imagine how pissed he is going tobe when he loses his appeal, it shud be good radio for a few days then back to shit
01-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Lots of bogus claims and misguided statements in this thread (and a few good ones). Here are some facts as I see them:
1) THSS has steadily lost listeners over the past 4 to 5 years; Howard took a massive pay cut in the 2nd contract. He lied that he's making more (if calculated on an hourly rate).
2) Sirius is not paying for THSS as much as it is paying to have Stern in their exclusive stable of talent; it is a marketing gimmick for them in the same way as the Eminem channel, the Oprah channel, or the Foxxhole have little to no involvement from those celebrities...Sirius is mostly interested in using their names & likenesses in marketing.
3) Howard has nowhere else to go. If he returns to terrestrial his ratings will be embarrassingly low. Plus, terrestrial isn't really set up to accommodate a 3 day a week schedule. He will not podcast--that would generate trackable download stats (also potentially embarrassing). He would be competing in a medium dominated by a young demographic that has no interest in him. He will not venture further into a subscriber-based service. HTV is a vanity project with few subscribers and is a failure. Many people on here keep on throwing "iTunes" out as a viable option. Exactly what shows can you "subscribe" to on iTunes? Stern is no Glenn Beck at this point; he's not going to have a legion of fans who will pay him a monthly fee for the shitty product he's producing.
4) Howard will always negotiate with Sirius from a position of weakness; he needs a broadcasting platform more than Sirius needs him at this point. He is not their big draw; if he were, the churn rate would be astronomically high because the show is horrible, and it is on so infrequently.
5) This big meeting that Stern is having probably has something to do with the fact that the staff is getting restless because none of them can guess whether they'll be employed much longer. They would be incredibly stupid to be planning the next few years of their lives around THSS. Folks like Jason and Will (and a number of others) have young families and need to have a career to provide long-term. I'm sure Stern is facing a situation where he is concerned that a number of his staff will quit and move on.
And finally, I would like to state unequivocally that the Stern Show will never get better than it currently is. He will never produce shows that were as entertaining as he did on terrestrial, or even the first couple of years on Sirius. He is an old, out-of-touch, lazy, pathetic excuse of a man. Without Jackie or Artie to lean on, he's been exposed as a talentless, wig-wearing hypocrite who can't even put on a show worthy of a local AM morning zoo.
Shut your fucking mouth, cocksucker!
01-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Arbitron includes Satellite radio in its diary. Also, S-XM knows who listens internally from Internet and I-Phone/I-PAD/Android Application tracking.
Originally Posted by jimbronie
01-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Famous
01-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by ZeroZed
Pow! Round on target!
But when you state "HTV is a vanity project with few subscribers and is a failure" are you speaking from facts, empirical data or wishful thinking? I don't know a single person who has or ever had HowardTV. I also don't know anyone who has a Sirius subscription anymore but I digress.