Prior to the election it was -
- No to everything.
- No compromise to anything.
- Holding the country hostage on the debt ceiling.
- Non-stop filibusters. Measures that later got 90%+ approval were first filibustered for months.
- Endless fake outrage, each week crying wolf to some bullshit nonsense (usually complete hypocrisy)
- No solutions of our own other than the most extreme far-right extremist positions that have never had a prayer of being passed
- top priorities were to declare war against birth control, abortions, gays and Mexicans.
Goal was simple, might have even worked:
- hope for as much failure, misery and suffering as possible.
- hope that people blame Obama for it.
Whoops. That's didn't work out. Obama wins nicely. Many, many aspects of the country are headed in the right direction and people correctly believe that, other than obstruction, Republicans only offered two things to the process: jack and shit. And, the future, in terms of demographics, doesn't look good if you're the typical angry white Redstate Walmart voter.
So now what do we see?
- Compromise on the fiscal cliff.
- Compromise on the debt ceiling.
- Compromise on immigration reform.
- Attempts to replace their previous leaders like Palin and Karl Rove.
- Attempts to awaken the flock so as not to follow orders from Limbaugh and Hannity